COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Cougar volleyball team recorded their fourth straight 3-0 win, notching a victory over Hocking, to move to 9-0 for the first time since 2014. With their undefeated record, they remain atop the conference leaderboard.
Inside the Game
- Conference (OCCAC) game
- Final Score: DIII Columbus State 3, DIII Hocking 0 (25-9, 25-18, 25-8)
- Record: Columbus State (9-0 overall, 0-0 OCCAC), Hocking (0-6 overall, 0-4 OCCAC)
- Going errorless in the match were Akea Hunter and Tiziana Russell, who tallied six and four kills respectively. Hunter swung 11 times at a .545 pace while Russell had a season-high .667 on six attempts. Hunter also had a career-best five blocks in her balanced attack.
- NJCAA National Defensive Player of the Week Tate Rybarczyk totaled a team-high ten digs.
- Burgin Bachman posted an impressive four solo blocks, along with an assisted block. Her solo block total is the most by any Cougar this season.
-Making her collegiate debut was Jordan Plas, who dished out 18 assists as well as four service aces and eight digs.
-The Cougars posted season-highs in attack percentage (.282) and service aces (9).
The Cougars hit the road for a weekend of four matches. On Friday, they travel to Elyria to take on Lorain County at 6:00 p.m. On Saturday, they will compete against the 2018 National Champion, Owens, at 10:00 a.m. followed by matches vs. Terra State at Noon and Schoolcraft at 6:00 p.m. All of Saturday's matches will take place at Owens Community College in Perrysburg, Ohio.