COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Columbus State Community College volleyball team defeated conference rival Sinclair Community College in five tight sets on the home court on Wednesday evening in front of an energized crowd.
The home opener was a nail-biter to say the least, and Coach Jill Yocum was proud of how her team performed. "They really hung tough throughout the game and were relentless not to give up."
Inside the Game
- Conference (OCCAC) game
- Final Score: DIII Columbus State 3, DII Sinclair 2
- Record: Columbus State (2-0 overall, 2-0 OCCAC), Sinclair (1-1 overall, 1-1 OCCAC)
- Although Sinclair attacked slightly better than the Cougars (.172-.155), Columbus State bested the Pride in digs (95-89), assists (50-45), and blocks (26-25).
- Each set won in the match was by three points or less.
-Down 15-22 in the third set, the Cougars went on a ten-point run to clinch a crucial third set.
- Audrey Jenkins dished out a career-best 48 assists along with 16 digs.
The Cougars travel to Owens Community College for a tournament Fri, Aug. 30-Sat, Aug. 31.