COLUMBUS, Ohio – After defeating four Div. 2 teams this season, the Columbus State women's basketball team (4-1) couldn't continue their winning streak, falling to Ohio State-Club 64-61 on Tuesday night.
Inside the Game
- Non-conference game
- Final Score: Columbus State 61, Ohio State-Club 64
- Columbus State led the Ballstars until midway through the fourth quarter when Ohio State-Club put up a trio of three-point shots for a quick 9-0 run. They Cougars never regained the lead.
- Despite the Cougars having an overall better field goal percentage (34.3%-31.9%) and free throw percentage (60.0%-38.1%), the Ballstars connected ten three-point shots to the hoop to win the game.
- The Cougars also out-rebounded Ohio State-Club 58-51. Each Cougar who entered the game grabbed at least one rebound.
- Nia Johnson and Saraysia Nelson led the offense with a combined 33 points. Johnson was 8-for-15 while Nelson went 6-for-13 in overall field goals. Johnson also grabbed 12 rebounds and her first career double-double.
- Mickale Bates scored 14 points, including a perfect 6-for-6 at the line. She also had a game-high four assists and two steals.
- Anjalee Key recorded 11 points, nearly missing a double-double with nine boards.
The Cougars travel to Port Huron, Michigan to complete in the St. Clair County Tournament Fri, Nov. 21 – Sat, Nov. 22. They face DII Muskegon at 2:00 p.m. on Friday and DII Kellogg on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.