COLUMBUS, Ohio – Despite an early lead, the Columbus State women's basketball team fell to the Lakeland Lakers on Monday evening in the Delaware Hall Athletic Center. The Cougars led until halfway through the second quarter and then the Lakers never relinquished the lead.
Inside the Game
- OCCAC game, 0-2 against the Lakers this season
- Final Score: Lakeland 83, Columbus State 65
- Record: Columbus State (5-17, 4-10 OCCAC), Lakeland (19-7, 11-2 OCCAC)
- The Cougars bested the Lakers in free throw percentage (77.8%-69.2%) and rebounds (44-43).
- Columbus State was plagued with turnovers, committing 28 compared to Lakeland's 17.
- Whitney Staggs dominated the court with team highs in four statistical categories: 34 points on 10-for-16 shooting and 10-for-16 from the line. She also had 14 rebounds, four assists, and three steals.
- Walder and McKenna Cummins each snatched eight boards while Cummins matched Staggs' four assists.
The Cougars host Hocking College at their last home game of the year on Wed, Feb. 20. Tip-off is 5:30 p.m.