COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus State men's basketball team dropped their season opener to No. 13 ranked Schoolcraft College (Livonia, Michigan) on the home court on Saturday afternoon
Inside the Game
- Schoolcraft is ranked #13 in the DII rankings, Columbus State is unranked
- Final Score: Schoolcraft 90, Columbus State 84
- Record: Columbus State (0-1), Schoolcraft (1-0)
- There were four ties and five lead changes in the game.
- The Cougars were solid at the line, sinking 79.3% of their free throws.
- Late second-half woes, including missed shots and turnovers, led to Schoolcraft taking the lead with two minutes left and never relinquishing it.
- Corey Baker led the team with 23 points, along with a trio of steals.
- Elijah Bishop recorded the game's only double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds. He also led all players in assists with four.
- Jeremiah Green led the team in blocks with two to go along with his nine points and seven rebounds.
The Cougars travel to Kirtland, Ohio to complete in the Lakeland Tournament Fri, Nov. 8 – Sat, Nov. 9. They face No. 8 DII Erie on Friday at 2:00 p.m.