COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Columbus State men's basketball team suffered their first conference loss of the season to DII Cuyahoga Community College on Sunday evening.
Inside the Game
-OCCAC game, 1st meeting for the 2018-19 season
- Final Score: Cuyahoga 81, Columbus State 74
- Record: Columbus State (9-5, 6-1 OCCAC), Cuyahoga (14-4, 6-0 OCCAC)
- The Cougars seized the lead two minutes into the first quarter and never relinquished it
- Although Cuyahoga led the entire game, Columbus State managed to shrink an 18-point deficit down to 3 in the second half.
-Charles Aden led the Cougars with career-best 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting and nine rebounds.
- Corey Baker recorded 11 points and 8 rebounds to go along with team-highs for assists (5) and steals (4).
Overall Statistical Leaders:
-Baker leads the team in rebounds (6.3) and assists (3.9)
-Hawkins, who grabbed two steals, leads the Cougars in steals per game with 2.2.
The Cougars hit the road on Wed, Jan. 23 to take on the Hocking College Hawks. Tip-off is 7:30 p.m.